System Engineer I
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Perform daily system operations tasks to verify system integrity and availability
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware/OS upgrades, and resource optimization
- Implement monitoring for applications and servers, and respond to alarms in a timely manner, preventing client impact and performance degradation
- Deploy physical and virtual servers
- Complete assigned incident management tasks
- Deploy, setup, and maintain testing environments
- Provide Tier III and other support per service request
People Management Responsibilities (for associates with one or more direct reports):
- Seek to understand disagreements, ensure all perspectives are heard and facilitate a plan for resolution.
- Delegate the work appropriately, provide clear expectations and follow up to ensure progress and overcome roadblocks. Identify associates and team priorities based on business direction and adjust when needed.
- Lead by example and share knowledge and experiences with associates and team. Create a respectful work environment where you advocate for your team, create accountability and recognize accomplishments.
- Provide timely feedback to encourage success, ensure accountability and connect opportunities for your associates' development.
- Identify the right talent to achieve the desired results. Promote and build a diverse and cohesive team to accomplish objectives and align associates' skills to fill gaps.