Cerner Jobs and Careers
Engineering & Technology
Innovation occurs everywhere but maybe you are also looking for a purpose. Nothing is more impactful than improving the health of others. Develop cutting edge technologies that have real meaning.About Engineering & Technology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- At least 7 years of software engineering work experience.
- Due to the client contract you will be assigned, this position requires you to be a U.S. citizen
- Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
- Experience with Python, Scala, R and/or other data processing languages
- Proficient with SQL
- Big Data Technologies (i.e. Spark, Hadoop, Azure Data Lake)
- ETL or Data Warehousing experience
- Familiar with Continuous Integration (CI/CD) Best Practices
- Experience in developing API's
- Must be residing in or willing to relocate to the Kansas City metro area
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Write code, test and debug new software
- Make enhancements to existing software from clear requirements
- Participate in code reviews and identify basic issues or deviations from best practices
- Develop knowledge of assigned solution, technologies, development processes and ecosystem
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile team environment
- Good communication skills; written and verbal
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Relocation Assistance Available for this Job:
Yes - Domestic/Regional
Virtual Eligible Job
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important – people’s health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
EEO is the Law (English)
E-Verify Participation (English)
Right to Work (English)
EEO is the Law (Spanish)
E-Verify Participation (Spanish)
Right to Work (Spanish)