Cerner Technical Jobs and Careers
Engineering & Technology
Innovation occurs everywhere but maybe you are also looking for a purpose. Nothing is more impactful than improving the health of others. Develop cutting edge technologies that have real meaning.About Engineering & Technology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- At least 7 years of software engineering work experience. Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
- Due to the client contract you will be assigned, this position requires you to be a U.S. citizen
- Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
- Experience working with infrastructure as code technologies such as Packer, Terraform, or CloudFormation.
- Experience working with configuration as code technologies such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
- Experience with languages such as Ruby, PowerShell, Python, PHP, Bash/KSH, or DSC.
- Capable of creating automated testing with frameworks such as RSpec, Pester, bats, Cucumber, or Eggplant.
- Familiar with CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins (Groovy), Spinnaker, Bamboo, or Travis CI.
- Experience administrating systems such as Linux, Windows, or Citrix.
- Capable of deploying solutions on containerized platforms such as Docker, Mesos, DC/OS, LXC, or Kubernetes.
- Experience creating compliance as code through tools such as Inspec
- Must be residing in or willing to relocate to the Malvern or Kansas City metro area
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with Cerner must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Due to specific client contract requirements, this position requires that the successful candidate be a U.S. citizen. The client contract also requires receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for the position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Relocation Assistance Available for this Job:
Yes - Domestic/Regional
Virtual Eligible Job
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important – people’s health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
EEO is the Law (English)
E-Verify Participation (English)
Right to Work (English)
EEO is the Law (Spanish)
E-Verify Participation (Spanish)
Right to Work (Spanish)