Cerner Technical Jobs and Careers
Engineering & Technology
Innovation occurs everywhere but maybe you are also looking for a purpose. Nothing is more impactful than improving the health of others. Develop cutting edge technologies that have real meaning.About Engineering & Technology
While caregivers are overseeing the health and well-being of patients, who’s overseeing the complex client systems they depend upon? That would be CernerWorks, an organization that hosts, manages, and monitors client systems for health care providers around the world.About CernerWorks
- Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
- Due to the client contract you will be assigned, this position requires you to be a U.S. citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Software, Electronics, Operational Research, Computer System Engineering or related technology field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 1 years of database management work experience
- At least 2 years of system administration or engineering work experience
- Knowledge of RDBMS viz. Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, etc.
- TSQL Coding, PowerShell Scripting, Automation
- Experience as DBA SQL Server 12/14 /16
- Experience on System DBA tasks, TSQL Programming, High Availability, Performance Tuning, SQL Server Architecture, SQL Server Replication, Backup and Recovery
- Strong problem determination and RCA analysis skills
- ITIL or SQL Server certifications
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Willing to be part of an on call rotation
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Due to specific client contract requirements, this position requires that the successful candidate be a U.S. citizen. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. The client contract also requires receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for the position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Relocation Assistance Available for this Job:
Virtual Eligible Job
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important – people’s health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
EEO is the Law (English)
E-Verify Participation (English)
Right to Work (English)
EEO is the Law (Spanish)
E-Verify Participation (Spanish)
Right to Work (Spanish)