Cerner Jobs and Careers
Engineering & Technology
Innovation occurs everywhere but maybe you are also looking for a purpose. Nothing is more impactful than improving the health of others. Develop cutting edge technologies that have real meaning.About Engineering & Technology
Enjoy the autonomy to align clients with Cerner solutions and services that meet their unique needs as part of the Client team. You’ll have access to a broad portfolio of highly innovative products that enable health and care providers to realize new levels of effectiveness.About Client Team
- Bachelor’s degree CIS, MIS, Information Systems, Information Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 3 years of IT Security experience
- Previous hands-on experience with endpoint and server security products is a plus (McAfee, Cisco, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Citrix, VMware)
- Programming experience in one or more modern language such as Python, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, C, C++, C#, or Java is a plus
- Ability to obtain the following certifications within 6 months of employment: GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security
- Willing to work overtime or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation as needed
- Willing to travel up to 20% as needed
- Familiarity with common vulnerabilities and attack vectors
- Excellent understanding of secure network and system design
- Must reside in or be willing to relocate to the greater Washington, D.C. area
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Relocation Assistance Available for this Job:
Virtual Eligible Job
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important – people’s health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
EEO is the Law (English)
E-Verify Participation (English)
Right to Work (English)
EEO is the Law (Spanish)
E-Verify Participation (Spanish)
Right to Work (Spanish)